Summer Reading for Teens
The Jones Library is excited to present our 2023 Teen Summer Reading challenge — Find Your Voice!
Readers aged 11 to 17 are invited to participate. Whether you're reading at home, listening to an audiobook, reading with friends, or reading on vacation, you can track the time you spend reading and earn a prize.
Here’s how it works:
- Visit us & register! Come to one of the Jones Libraries (Jones, Munson, or North) and we’ll get you signed up! Registration is in-person only. You can register anytime the library is open up until the end of the program (Sat 6/17 - Sat 8/26).
- Read! Anything counts -- books, audiobooks, manga, and more!
- Log the time you read! This can be done daily or periodically on the reading log you receive when you register.
- Write one book review! This only has to be a few sentences. We’re just curious about what books you enjoy!
- Return your reading log! The deadline to return your log to one of the Jones Libraries is Saturday, August 26th
- Win prizes!
This year's completion goal for teens is reading a total of 40 hours between Saturday, June 17th and Saturday, August 26th. Teens who read and log at least 40 hours by August 26th will earn a $5 gift card to a local business AND be entered into the Grand Prize raffle. But even if you don’t reach the 40 hour goal, you’ll still have a chance to win a prize! Just make sure to get your reading log back to one of the Jones Libraries by Saturday, August 26th to qualify.
For more chances to win, complete our Teen Summer Reading bingo card that you’ll receive when you register. You’ll get one extra entry into the prize raffle for making a BINGO (completing five boxes in a row) and five extra entries if you complete the whole bingo card! Again, the bingo card needs to be returned to one of the Jones Libraries by Saturday, August 26th.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com
The Massachusetts Statewide Summer Library Program is funded by the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins, and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners. We'd also like to thank the Friends of the Jones Libraries for supporting the Teen Summer Reading Program!