Outdoor Holds Pick-Up at the Munson Memorial Library
HOW IT WORKS
- We are offering contactless outdoor holds pick-up at the Munson Memorial Library on the South Amherst Common on two afternoons a week beginning August 18th. Our pick-up hours are 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- UPDATED (9-24-2020): When the library receives the items you've requested, you will receive either an automated email notice from CW MARS (just like in pre-pandemic times) or a phone call from Munson staff if you don't have an email address. The staff will check out and package your items, and they will be available for pick-up on the next day and time that the Walk-Up Window is open.
- When you arrive at the Munson Library to pick up your items, please wait until you are first in line to enter the court yard and then approach the Walk-Up Window. If you don't see a staff person at the window, please ring our bell to let us know you're there. (The staff can't always see you if you're at the window.) Staff will use the window by the double doors of the Munson Hall to place your bagged items on a table. Please check the name on the bag to confirm that it is yours. Please note that we are not charging fines, and eligible items will be automatically renewed.
- Your items will be available for pick-up for 7 days after we notify you.
- Please wear a mask and observe social distancing when you pick up your library materials. Signs and sidewalk markings will guide you through the process. The library will provide hand sanitizer at the pick-up table.
REQUESTING ITEMS (aka: PLACING HOLDS)
- You may place holds on items in the CW MARS catalog, using your library card number and your password / PIN. Please choose "Amherst Munson Memorial Library" as your pick-up library when placing the hold.
- We recommend placing holds on items owned by the Jones Library and Munson Memorial Library whenever possible. Items that are on the shelf (i.e., "Available") are likeliest to be filled quickly. You can use the "Limit to Available Items" checkbox in the catalog to see items currently on our shelves.
- That said, we will be receiving items from other CW MARS libraries via delivery. Also, items owned by other libraries are being returned to us, quarantined, and then loaned out again.
- Our Jones Library Reference team is ready to assist you or to place holds for you. We'll be answering live phone calls at 413-259-3096, Monday through Friday, from 1pm to 4pm. You may leave us a voicemail at all other times. If possible, please include your name, library card number, and telephone number in your message, as well as the titles and authors of the items you're interested in borrowing. Please specify that you would like to pick up your items at Munson.
- You can browse some suggested books here: selected recent fiction, selected recent nonfiction, and antiracism books.
- You can return your library materials to the Munson Memorial Library only during the times that we are open for holds pick-up (Tuesdays and Fridays from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.). Please place your items in our outdoor Returns Wagon, as indicated by the signs. The Munson Library book drops will remain closed.
- All materials will be quarantined for 7 days. All items will remain on your library account until they are checked in after the 7-day quarantine period.
- NOTE: No overdue fines will accumulate.
- NOTE: We are not accepting any donated items at this time.