Valley Gives Day
Throughout the day, donors will be randomly selected to have their gift amplified with a Golden Ticket during designated giving hours – your gift may well be one of those chosen, adding $500 in support of the Jones Library to the donation you've already made. (Sixteen different nonprofits will receive this bonus). There are a number of other prizes to be won - the donation made closest to sunrise, the last donation of the night, and donors by decade are just some of the innovative prizes that could be won. (That's one good reason to include your age in the appropriate field as you are making your donation!) At the end of 24 hours, the nonprofits that have the most unique donors will be rewarded with special grants from the prize pool as well. Special Power Hours between 10 - 10:59 am and 8 - 8:59 pm have $1,000 prizes available, so consider making your gift during those times.
No amount is too small - even the minimum donation of $10 can help make a difference. Visit our donation page to help support Jones Library collections, programs, and services. You can designate your gift in honor or memory of a loved one as well. Please consider agreeing to pay the processing fee when you make your donation - that way, your entire donation can benefit the Jones Library!
Unable to donate on May 2nd itself? You can schedule your gift in advance, beginning on April 25th, and your donation will be processed in the early morning hours of May 2nd.
How can you help?
To help us have a successful Valley Gives Day this year, we ask you to do the following:
- Mark your calendars for Valley Gives Day on May 2, 2017.
- Bookmark our Valley Gives donation page on your computer, tablet, or smart phone for use on May 2. Our profile page becomes a donation page on April 25, when advanced scheduled giving becomes possible.
- Join our e-mail list, to receive Valley Gives updates and reminders, as well as general library news and announcements.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and help build excitement for Valley Gives by using the hashtag #ValleyGives.
- Help spread the word! Just click on the icons below to share on Facebook or Twitter. Or forward a link to this page to your family and friends, along with a personal note as to why you support the Jones Library, and why they should give on May 2.
Thanks in advance for your support on this special, one day philanthropic event! With your help, the Jones Library will have a successful Valley Gives Day and continue our work for the community of Amherst.
Donate on Valley Gives Day.