As you enter the Jones Library through the front door, the Kids Room is your first left. We encourage you to ask us for help in finding the perfect book to take home!
Our collections include an extensive picture book section, books on CD, DVDs, music CDs, and so much more. We offer a wide variety of free programming for kids from birth to age 10. Check out our Teen page for events for 11-17 year olds.
We are here to assist you in any way that we can! Please feel free to contact the Kids Desk at 413-259-3091 or by email with any questions.
What to Expect in the Kids Room
Effective Monday, July 12th, we are expanding our open hours! We now encourage you to limit your visit to 1 hour. Some things will be the same; some things will be different. Services will return to normal as we move through our reopening phases. Here's what you can expect in this phase:
- We ask caregivers to stay close to their children (within an arm's length)
- Public computers will be available in the Reference Room only (not in the Kids Room)
- Items can be checked out at the Kids Desk (please return items as you enter the library)
- Register for a new library card in the Front Office (weekday hours only)
- Limited seating will be available — New!
- No library toys will be available onsite or for loan
- No indoor programs will be held — view our outdoor & remote programs
- Book bundles will be available for indoor pick-up at Jones; outdoor pick-up at Munson
- We've moved around many of our collections — ask us to point you in the right direction
- We'll have lots of displays to help you find books fast
We look forward to seeing you in-person!
See Library Services During our Phased Reopening for library-wide information
Updated July 12, 2021