Trustee Meeting Agenda Procedure
This procedure has been formulated for several reasons:
- To be able to provide Library Trustees with information in a timely fashion so that they can read/think about the topics.
- To be able to provide Library Trustees with Trustee packets in 1 email, rather than through several separate emails.
- To be able to post Board meetings in a timely fashion (i.e. so that we do not miss the Open Meeting Law deadline).
- The Trustee meeting date is set.
- Two weeks prior to the Trustee meeting, the Library Director will send an email to all Trustees. This email will serve 3 purposes:
- To set a date/time when the Library Director can meet with the Trustee Chair in order to go over the agenda.
- To seek input from Trustees regarding additional agenda items.
- To remind Trustees to send to the Library Director meeting minutes/applicable documents which need to be distributed in the Trustee packets.
- One week prior to the Trustee meeting, the Library Director will meet with the Trustee Chair and the agenda will be finalized. Once this meeting occurs, Trustees are no longer allowed to add new items to the agenda (unless under emergency situations).
- Two days later, the Library Director posts the agenda and emails the Trustee packets.
- At the direction of the Library Director, the Business Office will print out all documents and notify Board members that they are ready for pick-up.
- Trustees are expected to read the documents before the meeting.