Volunteer to be a Tutor
If you can meet with an adult immigrant twice a week; speak English fluently and clearly; are a supportive listener; enjoy learning about other cultures; attend 4 training sessions (or have prior experience/training); and can volunteer for at least 9 months or two semesters; then consider volunteering as an E.S.L. tutor at the Jones Library.
- Watch tutors and students talk about their experiences.
- Question and Answers about Tutoring
- Becoming a Tutor
- Next Tutor Training Session
- Volunteer Tutor Application
Free On-line Tutor Training courses offered as an
an optional introduction to Jones Library E.S.L. Tutor Training. Courses consist of
- Working with English Language Learners
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Culture and English Language Learners